Saturday, November 3, 2007

Rajiv Gandhi Memorial

Today our school's NSS unit went on a small camp.. we visited a small village school and had a wonderful and memorable time. On our return, we visited Rajiv Gandhi's memorial. It was a very quiet place and it was awesome. But when I read the stone tablets that spoke of him, I was moved... He had been such a good leader, and yet he was assasinated. I felt bad... all the good people are killed and cheaters are allowed to survive in our country. But I felt good that atleast, my countrymen had enough sense to build a respectable place in remembrance of this great personality.

I learnt from the info they had put up there, that Rajiv campaigned 20 hours a day & he didnt have his special security that day. He only had his normal security and was walking among the public. One lady, pretended to touch his feet and in a fraction, her human bomb exploded killing so many... I felt miserable... how can anyone possibly be a part of a human bomb?? I can hardly imagine.. How did she get the heart to do such a wicked thing? I have been so disturbed by this whole thing.... Why so much hatred against a mahatma?

3 comments:

zEaLoUsMe™ said...

very true... this is so bad n mean.. n i think due to dis our country is lacking behind.

Naomi said...

haan very true...

Dinesh Abraham said...

Hmmm do u kno wat Rajiv did before that ?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Peace_Keeping_Force