Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Street Drama

I was walking down my street, heading home from school and on the main road, I saw a huge digital poster & wondered what was it about. It contained a big picture of some local politician, who's first death anniversary was being celebrated. And that was not all. A little ahead in the street, I saw 4 or 5 huge speakers with loud music and there was a shyamiyana too, on one of the roof-tops. And also, another huge poster. I was disgusted to see so much of money being wasted in making such huge unnecessary posters. I mean, it is good to remember people on their anniversaries, but don't u think it is outrageous to spend so much in speakers (sound system) and posters, where , in one corner of our land, millions of people are starving and in need. And I had one more thought... well, it is pretty hard to say it, but it is the truth... The street of which i am talking about is in ruins. I mean, after the rains, about 2 years back, the street has literally withered out. and the authorities haven't taken a single measure to mend it. And only for their anniversaries, they will spend hordes of the hard earned money of Indian citizens. They can't use the tax that sincere people pay, for the benefit of the society, instead they are bent on making all this fussy stuff for name and fame. Well to be really honest, I felt disgusted, really really bad and awful..

And also the speakers... One cannot imagine the noise they made.!! Don't they realize it is a residential area and there might be really sick people out there or students working hard?? Why cannot they think and use their brains? Is such loud music THAT necessary??

I know i have offended a few people, if so, i am terribly sorry.. But do touch ur heart and analyse the whole thing and think....I am sure u will agree with me.

What do u people out there think? are u with me??

6 comments:

zEaLoUsMe™ said...

well am totally with you, because it is something very much disgracing. spending hell lotta money on a politician whom mite not evn had done something good for the society because itz a fact that politicians of today are corrupted, mite be cent politicians would be a good one...
awful!

shalomi said...

me with u too!!!

Naomi said...

we must hope future politicians of our nation are better.

kasthuri said...

y shudnt v b d future politicianS?? don ya think v can lead India bettr thn ne1 can?? y shudnt V bcum politicianS?? think man... no point in jus hopin fr a bettr india or bettr politician...

ive seen worser things thn tiS! trust me.. to brin a change, 1st v shud change..


"this world s DANGEROUS, nt coz f those who do evil, bt coz of those who look on and do NOTHING!"
politicians did all tat.. bt wt did v do??

Naomi said...

hey u have a point... but i feel that the system is quite rotten. I mean, if we think, I am sure, even if we become a great politician, I don't think it is in our hands to make our sub-ordinates honest & sincere. It has come from within each & every human being. People's nature must become better. wat say?

kasthuri said...

cumon!! if v hold d highest office n if v mke d punishments severe who'l eva dare to brin out d meanin f corruption ?? n bribery??